In a post, VSU President Edgardo Tulin shared a snap of the VSU Crisis Management Committee(CMC) in an ongoing meeting monitoring the #PaengPH situation in the university and nearby communities.
The CMC urges students residing along the river in barangays Pangasugan , Guadalupe, and nearby barangays to evacuate to campus. Emergency evacuation vehicles are expected to roll out 2PM today.
The university has recently posted the evacuation establishment in the university, namely:
- Department of Horticulture (DOH) Building
- Eco-FARMI Building
- OVPREI RDE Hall
- PhilRootcrops Complex
- Engineering Building Complex
- Regional Climate Change Research and Development Center (RCCRDC)
- Advanced Research Innovation Center (ARIC) Building
- ADE/CME Building
- VSU Library (New building)
- Department of Liberal Arts and Behavioral Sciences (DLABS) Building
- ODS Complex
- College of Nursing Building
- Old Library Building
- College of Forestry Building
- Department of Consumer and Hospitality Management (DCHM) Building
The CMC is still monitoring the weather conditions as #PaengPH ravages through Leyte Province at Signal number 1. They urge everyone to cooperate in the evacuation process.
Baybay City LGU and the university have already suspended classes at all levels as #PaengPH is expected to traverse parts of Samar and northern parts of Leyte today, October 28 bringing light to moderate rains, occasional heavy rains, and flooding in low-lying areas.